Full Time Dayshift Weekend Transport Operations Planner
Russell Group has established itself as a market leader, servicing some of Europe’s largest organisations and the world’s strongest brands. It is through Russell's highly skilled and motivated workforce, attention to detail, and excellent customer service that the company has grown to where it is today
We are currently looking to recruit a Full Time Weekend Transport Planner based at our depot in Coatbridge working as part of our road and rail transport team. Days of work would be Friday to Monday dayshift. The role presents itself to a dedicated, hardworking individual with a proven track record. A class 1 HGV licence is advantageous but not essential.
- Plan based on customer volumes to ensure adequate resource is provided to fully meet business requirements
- Be proactive in identifying changes in activity with our customers and effectively adapt planning as required
- Ensure fleet compliance is maintained at all times
- Ensure all administrative tasks associated with the operation are completed to the required standard as well as dealing with daily operational problems
- Make all relevant bookings for collections and deliveries for customers
- Manage train fill to ensure all relevant loads meet their end destination in time for delivery
Skills / Qualifications
- An excellent knowledge of transport with previous planning experience
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of WTD, Tachograph rules and regulations
- Proficient IT skills with experience using Excel and transport management systems
- Good communication skills
- Ability to plan ahead and work on your own initiative
We can offer a competitive starting salary and a contributory pension scheme. Full training will be provided with an immediate start available.