An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced professional to join our team and play a pivotal role managing multi Customer contracts. Located at our flagship site in Hillington the successful candidate will be responsible for a team of over 25 employees through 3 direct reports. The Contract Packing Production Manager will be responsible for developing a close working relationship with external Customers and a daily working relationship with Contract Packing Administration, Warehouse Administration, Warehouse Operations, Transport Operations, HR, IT, Finance and the site Security Function.
- Overall responsibility for the day to day management, planning and resourcing of the Contract Packing operation.
- Delivery of consistent quality output while meeting Customer production deadlines.
- Continuous development of automated solutions within the operation
- Delivery of agreed levels of operational cost control
- Provide a key contribution to the business/tender pricing process
- Ensure meaningful KPI reporting in place to identify areas for continuous improvement
- Facilitate coordination between the Contract Packing operational and Administration function and all Group support functions
- Continuous monitoring of the forward order book to ensure that suitable operational human resource and effective shift patterns are in place to accommodate Customer demand in a cost-effective manner.
- Continuous monitoring of the forward order book to ensure that adequate site space and equipment are in place to accommodate all levels of receipt, dispatch, storage and rework demand.
- Ensure the operational function continuously strives to meet the highest standards and certification for the products handled (HACCP,BRC etc).
- Delivery of effective stock control and a full understanding of the Group HMRC legal obligations in this area.
- At least 10 years production experience in a FMCG environment
- Operational analytical skills particularly around KPI
- Ability to assess and implement automated solutions in a production environment
- Process improvement
- Ability to maximize resource
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Influencing and leading
- Team work
- Conflict management
- Critical problem-solving skills
- Warehouse & Logistical knowledge
In return, we will offer you a competitive salary, good working conditions and a contributory pension scheme. You will also have the opportunity to develop a rewarding career with one of the UK's leading private logistics companies.
To express interest in this position please email your CV to email@example.com