An opportunity exists for a Competent Container Lifter Driver at our base in Coatbridge.
In addition we are looking to recruit a Trainee Container Lifter Driver who will already have FLT experience and certification, though will require upskilling to the larger container lifting equipment.
- The inspection of shipping containers, identifying damage against the standards set by the various Shipping Companies (usually IICL5)
- Effectively manage the handling and storage of containers whilst operating FIFO procedure for customers.
- Generate reports based on the findings as first step for quotation for repair.
- Ensure any equipment to be used is in good order and suitable for the purpose for which it is used. Defective equipment/plant must be reported to maintenance and yard supervisor with immediate effect.
- To store / stack the goods as per the customers’ instructions.
- There is an onus on all employees to obey Health and Safety regulations along with the rules in the Company Handbook and behave in a safe and responsible manner whilst at work.
- To learn as much as possible about the customers’ products to handle and store them in the best possible way.
- To adopt good housekeeping practices.
- Must have a Container Lifter Certificate
- Trainee must have a valid FLT certificate.
In return, we will offer a fair rate of pay, good working conditions and a contributory pension scheme. You will also have the opportunity to develop a rewarding career with one of the UK's leading private logistics companies.
To express interest in this position please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org