Finance Trainee – Hillington
The Russell Group
Russell Group has established itself as a market leader in end-to-end supply chain services by road, rail and sea servicing some of Europe’s largest organisations and the world’s strongest brands. It is through Russell's highly skilled and motivated workforce, attention to detail, and excellent customer service that the company has grown to where it is today.
We are currently looking to recruit a trainee to join the busy Finance team based at the Hillington site, working Monday to Friday.
- Manage the purchase invoice process on a daily basis from supplier conversion to digital invoicing, processing, Business Unit authorisation and process key performance indicators.
- Reconciliation of inter-company accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of Business Unit weekly costings.
- Assist in the preparation of Business Unit monthly management accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of Business Unit activity and variance analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of Business Unit budgets and forecasts.
- Other duties as deemed reasonable by management.
- HNC or HND or BA in Accounting would be a distinct advantage.
- Good computer skills, Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Speed with accuracy.
- Good communication skills.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Proactive team player, customer service orientated.
- Quick learner, Committed and motivated to studying towards a professional accountancy qualification.
In turn, we will offer a competitive entry level salary, good working conditions and a contributory pension scheme. You will also have the opportunity to develop a rewarding career with one of the UK's leading private logistics companies.
To express interest in this position please apply enclosing c.v. to Christopher Gardiner at Christopher.Gardiner@johngrussell.co.uk