We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Group Health & Safety Manager to join the team and play a critical role in managing the health and safety functions across all our sites/activities. Based in West Central Scotland, the successful candidate will identify, coordinate and drive improvements in safety, quality and productivity, working with the Operational Management teams.
- Managing the health and safety functions to ensure delivery of objectives.
- Proactively engaging in collaborative health and safety projects across all UK operations sites.
- Providing authoritative advice and guidance on health & safety matters to all stakeholders within designated area of responsibility.
- Reviewing and auditing arrangements for health & safety management and continuously improving these arrangements where appropriate.
- Providing strategies to plan and organise work systems to reduce health & safety risks and recommending suitable adaptations to plant, machinery and processes.
- Providing management information and statistics related to area of responsibility.
- Ensure robust reporting regimes are in place for H&S statistics.
- Supporting business change through effective change management processes within a fast-paced environment.
- Driving behavioural culture change programme across a large, complex, multi shift operations.
- Implementation and review of company safety policies ensuring that local legislative requirements are also met.
- Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent with significant H&S Management experience, preferably gained in a warehouse/transport environment
- Educated to degree level
- Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH) or equivalent
- Flexible approach to work, able to manage own priorities and workload
- Able to effectively influence team
- Used to operating at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent communication and influencing skills - result orientated and tenacious
- An in-depth understanding of essential/relevant EU & UK H&S legislation
- The credibility and influencing skills and strategies to be able to build buy-in to change
- Demonstrable record of driving significant change through an operation
- Bulk Gas LNG / LPG qualifications & experience would be advantageous
- DGSA is desirable
- Strong IT skills
- Full UK driving licence is essential
- Environmental qualification/experience an advantage
In return, we will offer you a competitive salary, company car and other excellent benefits. You will also have the opportunity to develop a rewarding career with one of the UK's leading private logistics companies.
In the first instance, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com